Sunday Services Archive – 2015
2015 Sunday Services
Some of our services are available as MP3 or other audio files, a few as video recordings, and others as PDF files of the sermon/reflection only. Please note that all content (visual, textual, audio) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No derivative works license.
You are free to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work – under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work to UUWaco in general, and to the creator/performer specifically (i.e., “Sermon by Rev. Mary Smith-Jones of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Waco”); but not in any way that suggests that UUWaco endorses you or your use of the work.
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Other Rights — in no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/.
Sunday, December 6 – Holiday Music Extravaganza – TBA
Sunday, December 20 – Fear Not! (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, December 27 – Let It Go (Pastor Kris Cervantes) – TBA
Sunday, November 8: The End Will Be Peace (Elizabeth Mong, Guest Speaker)
Sunday, November 15: The Chains We Choose (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, October 25: Politics & Religion (Pastor Kris Cervantes) – TBA
Sunday, October 18: How Sweet It Is (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, October 11, 2015: Lobbying Lessons (Juliana Kunz, Citizens Climate Lobby)
Sunday, October 4, 2015: Jesus: I’m a Fan (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, September 20, 2015: Thoreauvian Sauntering with Coffee (Guest Speaker Dr. Chris Van Gorder, Baylor University)
Sunday, September 13, 2015: Water Communion – (Pastor Kris Cervantes) – TBA
Sunday, September 6, 2015: Centering Ourselves for Transformation (Six Sources Series, part 6) – (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, August 30, 2015: Humanist Harmonies (Six Sources Series, part 5) – (Pastor Kris Cervantes & Jim McKeown, Humanist Celebrant)
Sunday, August 23, 2015: Dwellers in the House of Uncertainty (Six Sources Series, part 4) – (Pastor Kris Cervantes & Rabbi Laura Schwartz Harari, Temple Rodeh Sholom) – TBA
Sunday, August 16, 2015: Memories & Memorials (Six Sources Series, part 3) – (Pastor Kris Cervantes & Dr. Candi Cann, Baylor University) – TBA
Sunday, August 9, 2015: Walking in the Footsteps of Giants (Six Sources Series, part 2) – (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, August 2, 2015: Untranslatable I, Divine (Six Sources Series, part 1) – (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, July 26, 2015: Poetry Sunday (special guest speakers Joy Hayes Gates & friends)
Sunday, July 12, 2015: Blessed with Idleness (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, June 28, 2015: A Faith of One’s Own (special guest speaker Lawton Hansen, Brite Seminarian) – file to come
Sunday, June 21, 2015: Summer Solstice Celebration (special guest speaker Judy Shofner)
Sunday, May 31, 2015: Encountering Sam Harris’ Waking Up (special guest speaker Brian Gates)
Sunday, May 10, 2015: Moms Are Human, Too (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, May 3, 2015: Seeking Not Answers (PDF file; Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, April 26, 2015: Universal Wide Web (special guest speaker D. Scott Cooper, Brite Seminarian)
Sunday, April 19, 2015: Animals Bless Us (PDF file to come; special guest speaker Shari Heino)
Sunday, March 22, 2015: Nonviolence, from Sparta to Selma (PDF file; special guest speaker Jim McKeown)
Sunday, March 15, 2015: To Boldly Go: How I Learned Values in the Star Trek Universe (special guest speaker Judy Shofner; recording pending)
Sunday, March 1, 2015: Messy in the Middle (Pastor Kris Cervantes)
Sunday, February 15, 2015: Share the Love Sunday (Pastor Kris Cervantes, speaker)
Sunday, February 8, 2015: The Gentle Violence of Apathy (Pastor Kris Cervantes, speaker)
Sunday, February 1, 2015: A Shrewd Awakening (The Reverend Chuck Freeman of the Texas Unitarian Universalist Justice Ministry, guest speaker)
Sunday, January 4, 2015: The First Vow: Do No Harm (Pastor Kris Cervantes, speaker)